Rumor: Dell May Buy palmOne?
Rumors floating around wall street that Dell is interested in a takeover of palmOne sent stock shares of palmOne higher in trading yesterday.
The uncorroborated rumor was posted in a note on the stock site Briefing.com. It stated, Dell (DELL $35.78 +1.3%) rose after Banc of America raised its rating to Buy from Neutral. DELL has started offering companies a zero interest lease for PCs. There were rumors floating around of a possible Dell takeover of PalmOne (PLMO $18.21 +12.5%), which is certainly feasible and a deal would create synergies for both companies.
Shares of palmOne were up 12% in trading wednesday based on the news.
Thanks to Gaurav for the tip.
Article Comments(56 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler