Turn Your Palm OS Handheld Into a Webcam
The ClieVideo software group has released a new desktop application that turns any Palm OS handheld with a built in camera into a fully functioning webcam.
Palm Webcam 1.0 enables camera equipped Palm OS handhelds to be used as a USB webcam. The included Windows WDM driver allows for using a Palm handheld with a built-in digital camera as a Webcam with Windows applications that makes use of regular webcams. The Windows application Palm Webcam PC displays the video from the camera and lets you change the webcam settings.
The program allows users to select your Palm OS handheld as the camera source in your favorite Webcam, Instant Messaging and Video Capture applications, such as: MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and Windows Movie Maker.
All Palm OS models with a built-in camera are supported. These currently include: Sony Clie NR70V, NX70V, NX73V, NX80V, NZ90, UX40,UX50, TJ27, TJ37, TH55, palmOne Zire 71, Zire 72 and Treo 600. Palm Webcam requires a PC running Windows 2000 or Windows XP. The software is available now at an introductory price of $14.95 USD.
Thanks to Martin for the tip.
Article Comments(8 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR