palmOne to Release Zire 72s Special Edition
palmOne is set to launch a new Zire 72s Special Edition handheld that comes with a silver finish instead of the usual blue. The new model will coexist with the blue version and will be available for purchase prior to the holiday season.
The new Zire 72s first showed up in a listing on Amazon.com. palmOne has not yet made a formal announcement, but has confirmed the model will be released before the end of the month in time for holiday shopping. It has the same software and hardware as well at the $299 MSRP as the blue model. It is not yet listed on the palmOne store.
Some complaints have been reported with the rubber finish of the Zire 72. However to date, only a small percentage units with a paint issue have been reported to palmOne Customer Support. Product operation is not affected in any way; it is a cosmetic issue only. The Zire 72 was the first commercial product to use a special new Velecron finish from PPG Industries.
About the Zire 72
The palmOne Zire 72 is palmOne's mid-range consumer multimedia handheld. It runs Palm OS 5.2 and comes with a bright 320x320 pixel, 65k color display, Bluetooth wireless and a built in 1.2 megapixel digital video camera.
Article Comments(80 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler