US Sony Clie Developer Support to End
Following the announcement of their withdraw from the US Handheld market, Sony is getting ready to end all Clie developer support. At the end of the year Sony will completely end their US Clie developer support program and all related services.
In June, Sony revealed that they will not be releasing any new Clie Handhelds products in the coming fall. The company decided to suspend new Clie product development for the US and Europe while they reassess the direction of the conventional PDA market. Sony pledged to continue the same level of service and support for Clie handheld users and to honor all existing limited warranties.
However it because clear Sony would be a full withdraw from the US, after the company started to shut down developer support operations. The company has now make clear it will end all support at the end of the year. This includes shutting down the website that houses the specialized section for software and hardware developer SDKs, documentation and technical information used for programming and supporting Sony Clie features and models. Support in Japan will still continue.
Sony posted this announcement on their Handheld Developers site:
Sony Electronics Inc. hereby announces pursuant to the CLIÉ® Handheld Development Membership Agreement that the CLIÉ Handheld Developer Website and all related services shall terminate effective December 31, 2004. After this date, the CLIÉ Handheld Developer Website, Developer Tools, and related Services will no longer be available for use/download, and Sony shall provide no further support. Sony would like to thank to great number of dedicated developers who have supported the CLIÉ Handheld platform the past several years.
Article Comments(15 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko