LG Electronics Licensees the Palm OS
PalmSource today announced that LG Electronics has signed an agreement to license Palm OS worldwide. Under terms of the agreement, LG Electronics can develop and market smartphones based on Palm OS.
"LG Electronics is pleased to have entered into this agreement with PalmSource," said Skott Ahn, executive vice president of LG Electronics, Inc. "The flexible, open and powerful nature of Palm OS is an ideal match for our industry leading mobile handsets. We believe our customers will appreciate the new Palm Powered phones we will develop and distribute."
"LG Electronics is a leading innovator in the development and manufacture of mobile devices including award-winning mobile handsets," said Patrick McVeigh, interim CEO of PalmSource. "We are excited to welcome LG Electronics to the Palm Powered Economy and look forward to working with LG to develop new, cutting-edge smartphones for delivery to the worldwide marketplace."
About LG Electronics
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world's leading manufacturer of WCDMA (UMTS), CDMA and GSM handsets, and the fastest growing manufacturer of mobile phones worldwide. The Company provides a total range of wired and wireless solutions, and is rapidly establishing a global presence as it cultivates international market share in 3G handsets.
Article Comments(80 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain