Rumor: Handspring to Release Prism II
A source has sent in details and some images for what might be a new color Visor, to be called the Prism II. According to the source, its 16-bit screen will have a 240 by 320 resolution with a virtual Graffiti area.
It will have a 33 MHz processor with 16 MB RAM. It will be the first Visor ever to have flash ROM, meaning the OS is upgradeable. It will come with OS 4.01H.
No price for the Prism II was given and the source only said it would be announced "soon".
While it is the thinnest color Visor ever made, it doesn't have room for a internal Springboard slot so the Prism II is supposed to have an external, clip-on one like the Edge's.
For some reason, the stylus has been moved to the left side. The source said that was possibly due to the light tube that's on the right.
The details on this device seem reasonable and this might fit the rumors that Handspring is going to release a new model to replace the Platinum. The Palm m500 and Handspring's own Edge have shown that most purchasers are no longer interested in high-end monochrome devices.
On the other hand, the image looks like it might have been created with PhotoShop or a 3D CAD program.
Frankly, I'd say the odds of this rumor being real are low, just based on what the images look like. -Ed
Article Comments(113 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith