Comments on: FrankenGarnet Turns Up in Patent Database
A new listing for a Palm Patent has turned up in the URAAF worldwide patent database. A leaked document shown to PIC reveals that Palm Inc has filled for a trademark on the term "FrankenGarnet." It is unknown at this time what this new trademark will be officially used for. A source who agreed only to speak under a condition of anonymity stated, "We have known about this for some time, They [Palm] have been working on a new technology that bolts together and brings alive a number of new features in mobile computing." Others in the blogosphere are musing that this could be another sign that Palm is working on their own operating system. Stay tuned for more on this developing story.
UPDATE: The patent application scan is now online.
Article Comments(8 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain