Comments on: The iPhone Impact on Palm
Piper Jaffray wireless hardware analyst T. Michael Walkley has released a new research report on Palm and the potential impact of the coming of the iPhone. Walkley says Palm will be the hardest hit by the iPhone and reports on claims that the continued introduction of new Blackberry devices will further hurt sales.
"With the BlackBerry Curve ramping and iPhone launching June 29th at AT&T, we view Treo as the most impacted by these launches and anticipate even further declines in sell through trends." He says clerks at AT&T stores had already reported “frustration” in trying to sell Palm’s "750" series of Treo phones. Moreover, the upcoming introduction of a new model of BlackBerry, the 8830, at Sprint stores, will hurt sales of Palm’s recently introduced Treo 755p model.
Article Comments(93 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf