Graffiti for Android Updated for November
Access Co. continues its near-monthly march of updates to the Graffiti app for Android OS devices. With this morning's new build, the app is now up to version number 2.0.5. While it remains a free download from the Google Market, Access has unfortunately (though unsurprisingly given the free nature and regular updates of this program) seen fit to implement an ad in the DIA upon the initial startup of the app, as well as when the device is idle. (checkout a screenshot after the break.) While a quick tap to the Graffiti DIA removes these ads (all of the ads I've seen thus far are for other Access software products), it may be a good time to have a cheap ad-free version of the app available for purchase for true Graffiti fans.
In all fairness, Access' change log does mention the new "quick ads for the Access' NetFront Life family of products". Also, the change log describes "Updated Security" and new YouTube help videos. In my brief time testing the device I could not notice any security changes, though the app does require network access on the user's device, which does seem a bit extreme for a simple keyboard replacement app.
Other than the minor annoyance of the new ads, a brief test on my Motorola Droid X running Android 2.2 Froyo was rock solid stable and speedy. The app is a bit larger than before, now coming in at 4.07Mb. As always, this is a free download from the Android Market for all devices running Android 1.6 or newer with full Market access. For more details, checkout Access' Graffiti page.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain