SFR Reportedly Set to Offer Palm Pixi 2 Soon
Despite the fact that it is the only carrier in the world fielding a supported, subsidized version of the Pre 2, French wireless provider SFR is reportedly set to begin offering the Palm Pixi 2 next month, according to Precentral's latest report.
While no solid specs have been confirmed about the device, both the original Pixi and slightly spec-bumped Pixi Plus are desperately due for a refresh, with a standard WebOS 2.0 an absolute certainty at this point. Last month, another report suggested that the Pixi 2 would also hit Verizon alongside the Pre 2, though in August's Verizon roadmap leak we discussed the prospects of the Verizon Pixi Plus living on until March of 2011.
Additionally, a Precentral forum member who is an HP employee claims that Todd Bradley recently stated that the "smallest smartphone ever available" would be coming to SFR in January, thus lending more credence to the Pixi 2 reports and codename story from last month.
Even more tantalizingly, in this same employee-only broadcast, Bradley suggested that HP and Palm's device release schedule would ramp up tremendously in 2011, as "HP will ship a new smartphone every two months". With HP having definitively committed to WebOS over Windows Mobile last summer, this can only be good news for Palm fans worldwide. If true, this would be the most aggressive schedule ever from Palm, as the company has traditionally done major product launches in the April and October timeframes, with occasional product refreshes occurring in mid-summer and January.
Article Comments(23 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain