Confirmation of Upcoming Palm Device Code Names
A casting call listing for an upcoming HP/Palm ad shoot has brought new details to light on some upcoming device code names. The casting call (actually two in total) came from DirectCast's website and is dated December 23rd. The call is in search of male and female talent from age 18 to 24 "who have lots of style". Additionally, DirectCast specifies "young, student, hipster, good style....no corporate looking people". "Good hands" and smartphone familiarity are required for both openings.
More interesting than the type of hipsters sought by Palm, these possible forthcoming WebOS devices have been assigned the working titles Broadway, Manta, and Topaz, according to PreCentral.net. Building on last month's WebOS 2.0 source code story, readers following the rumors of the past few months may know that "Broadway" is generally acknowledged as a Pixi 2-type device. "Manta" is likely the same as last month's "MantaRay" reference and could potentially be the same device as "Mansion", which is reportedly a large-screen, virtual keyboard device. Finally, "Topaz" reportedly is the long-rumored PalmPad tablet device.
Article Comments(6 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife