HP Files for PalmPad Trademark
The suits at Hewlett-Packard have certainly not been coy about their intentions for a webOS based tablet of some kind. Today brings word that Palm's new corporate parents already have a trademark in mind that could very well end up being the new brand name for such a device.
A blog called myHPmini is reporting that HP has submitted a new trademark filling on the term PalmPad. The mark is described as relating to a long list of mobile computing products, categories and terms including: computer, portable computers, handheld and mobile computers, PDAs, electronic notepads, mobile digital electronic devices.
The application was just filled on July 7th, just about a week after the Palm/HP acquition went official, so it looks like HPQ Holdings is wasting little time on the webOS tablet development process. Checkout the full USPTO docs here.
Article Comments(66 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife