First Pre 3 Hands-on reports Emerge from the UK
HP's Pre 3 is entering the market with the softest of soft launches possible. Nevertheless, some Pre 3 units have hit eager customers' hands in the UK and the first initial usage reports and unboxings are making the rounds online.
One bit of good news for legacy Pre users is that, despite the Pre 3's expanded screen and keyboard size, it is fully compatible with the original Palm TouchStone dock from 2009. This has been confirmed in the Precentral forums. Unsurprisingly, the Pre 3 does not fit the Touchstone as snugly as the older Pre and Pixi models but it is compatible and chargers properly.
Based on the videos, the Pre 3 looks unsurprisingly like an elongated Pre 2, with just a slight twist to its slider mechanism and a vastly improved keyboard. Aesthetically, the UI seems to have made a fine transition to 800x480 and the larger 3.58" screen. Touch-to-Share is demonstrated alongside a TouchPad and the Pre 3's camera app looks to have been slightly overhauled as well. The Pre3 appears to have surprisingly decent performance based on the two YouTube videos, with its tweaked version of WebOS 2.2.0 receiving many of the WebOS software enhancements first seen on the TouchPad.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife