Reuters Reports WebOS Sale Possible, Announcement Expected Soon
After nearly three months of uncertainty, it looks like the other shoe may be ready to drop for HP's WebOS decision. A Reuters article reports that HP is in talks to sell WebOS to any of "several" unnamed suitors. Assisting HP in the decision to keep or sell the WebOS/Palm GBU is Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Reuters does not mention a specific amount other than "hundreds of millions", which is far below the $1.2 Billion that HP originally paid for Palm in April of 2010.
HP Holding All-Hands Meeting Tonight on WebOS Future
The story has just taken yet another twist as an anonymous tipster has revealed to Precentral.net that an all-hands meeting of the WebOS GBU has been called at Palm's Sunnyvale HQ. According to the report, HP's newly-appointed CEO Meg Whitman and current SVP Jon Rubinstein will both be in attendance, a move that some are speculating is a harbinger of some potentially positive news. Of course, HP may also simply decide to shutter all WebOS-related operations.
Article Comments(14 comments)
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -heavyduty
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud