Calvin Confirmed: New Low-Price Palm Next Month
After days of speculation and debate, C|net has confirmed many of the rumors about Calvin. Palm will indeed release a new low-end Palm in both the U.S. and Japan next month. The surprise is that they will give the Palm VII a face-lift at the same time.
Quoting "sources", C|net says the new device is expected to feature new snap-on covers, a redesigned case that includes a smaller monochrome display, run OS 3.5, and sell for $149. Palm itself has declined to comment.
The updated Palm VII, which is not expected to include major hardware changes, will feature an updated look with a darker gray case and more applications from content providers.
C|net didn't say anything about the rumors of Calvin II.
Surely the most controversial part of the new device will be its smaller screen. Many Palm users feel the screen is already too small and hope that Palm is moving towards larger, rather than smaller, screens.
(Kudos to Joel at PDA Geek and his source, who broke this story early this week. -Ed)
Article Comments(8 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife