Palm 3.5 Upgrade Now Available
The much discussed 3.5 OS Upgrade is finally available on Palm's Web site. It's a free download for Palm Vx's but all others will have to buy it. An electronic download costs $15 while a CD copy costs $20 plus shipping and handling.
This is the first time Palm has charged for an upgrade. "Typically what you have seen in a Palm upgrade has been very incremental," said John Cook, senior director for consumer product marketing. "We think we have added a lot more value."
Why Palm took so long to make this upgrade available is still a mystery. It has been shipping on new Palms since February and the much talked about memory leak was cleared up in August.
New features inOS 3.5 include:
- Agenda view - See both your schedule and to do list at the same time for easy, efficient time management.
- Tappable menus - Quickly activate a menu with a quick tap on the menu text at the top of your screen.
- Shortcut Command Bar - Use this simple shortcut to access features such as cut, copy, paste, delete and beam.
- Improved privacy - Hide records without forgetting their existence or location.
- Quick duplication of Address Book entries - Enter multiple records of people from the same company or group quickly and easily with this single menu option.
- Faster HotSyncŪ operation - Synchronize data with your desktop at higher data-transmission rates.
- Infrared (IR) HotSync operation - Synchronize data with your IR-equipped desktop without using a docking cradle.
- Euro symbol support - Use the Euro currency symbol in your calculations and notes.
- Snooze button - Delay alerts for appointments while continuing to use other features of the Palm.
Article Comments(22 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.