Xircom Bluetooth Springboard Later This Year
Xircom announced at CeBit today that it will be releasing a Bluetooth Springboard module in the third quarter of this year. It will feature password protected user authentication, frequency hopping technology, and 128-bit data encryption to ensure a secure transfer of information between devices. No pricing is currently available.
It will be part of of the company's line of Bluetooth products, including a PC card and USB versions.
Bluetooth wireless technology is a specification for a small-form factor, low-cost radio solution providing cable-free synchronization between mobile computers, mobile phones and other portable handheld devices, as well as data communication and connectivity to the Internet. Xircom is a member of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), an organization comprised of leaders in the telecommunications, computing and network industries that is driving development of the technology and bringing it to market.
Article Comments(3 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife