Sony to Announce New Handheld in Japan Next Week
Update: The rumors included in this article have turned out to be true and Sony has announced the PEG-NR70 and PEG-NR70V. Read more about them here.
Sony will introduce a new member of its Clié line of handhelds in Japan on Monday, according to PC World. The article, which referenced Sony spokesperson Mina Naito as its source, has absolutely no details about the new model, only saying that the company will hold a press conference to show it off.
Fortunately, this is not the only source of information. According to an anonymous source, Sony will introduce not one but two handhelds on Monday.
One of these models will be available in Japan by the end of this month, and the other one will be out in early or mid April. There is no word yet when they will be available in the U.S or elsewhere.
The source had only one other piece of information. According to him, the new models have a different screen size from the company's current ones. He had no specifics.
While the only definite information available is that Sony will introduce a new model on Monday, it should be an interesting day.
Sony usually introduces new models in Japan before anywhere else. In the past, it has taken a month or so before they were available in the U.S. and even longer in the rest of the world.
Thanks to Crawford for the tip on the PC World article. -Ed
Article Comments(152 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife