Handspring Says People Want Built-In Keyboards
At the CIBC World Markets investor conference yesterday, Handspring CEO Ed Colligan said his company has seen more demand for devices with built-in keyboards than it has for ones that use Graffiti, according to a report in Cnet. This has led company executives to an important decision. "We'll go forward with keyboard-based color products," Mr. Colligan said.
A built-in keyboard has been part of three of the last four products announced by Handspring. Except for the Treo 180g, the entire Treo line has one, including the just announced Treo 270 and Treo 90. According to leaked info, the CDMA version of the Treo, which the company is expected to announce soon, also has a built-in keyboard.
Apparently, Handspring isn't alone in coming to this conclusion. Sony's NR series also has a keyboard integrated into its design.
Mr. Colligan also said his company believes color screens are what customers prefer, too. The Treo 180g could be the last model Handspring releases with either a monochrome screen or a Graffiti area.
Article Comments(88 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife