32 MB Memory Upgrade Coming Soon (Updated)
PDA Kobo has announced that it has developed a hardware and software solution that upgrades a Dragonball VZ processor to 32 MB of RAM. The process begins by taking out the handheld's current RAM chip and putting in 32 MB one. This could have caused problems because the handheld can't address that much RAM but the company came up with an interesting solution. It developed the Enhanced RAM Disk Driver (ERDD), which makes the additional 16 MB of memory act like an SD Card or Memory Stick.
There are several companies that can upgrade Palm OS handhelds to 16 MB but none that are currently offering 32 MB ones.
The service is not yet available. "In the beginning, we will start to provide services through a reconditioned machine shop, a part of our online PDA shop. Soon thereafter, we will start to provide 32 MB memory upgrade services for outside PDAs. And for the convenience of Palm users all over the world, we are planning partnerships with memory upgrade centers in their areas with PDA Kobo providing such partners with this original driver", said Keitaro Fujii, President of Universal Systems, PDA Kobo's parent company.
The company says this upgrade will work with the Palm m500 series and the Sony N and T series. It has not yet decided what it will cost.
The original description for this product was incorrect, thanks to problems with translating from Japanese to English. This article has since been updated with a (hopefully) much more accurate version.
Thanks to Russell Howell and Tommy Fung for the tips. Also thanks to Eugene, who always comes through when I need something translated from Japanese into English. -Ed
Article Comments(34 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife