Acer Releasing s50 and s60 in Europe
Last month, a brochure was leaked on two new Palm OS devices coming from Acer, the s50 and s60. That information has now been confirmed by the company, according to infoSync, which goes on to say the two models will be released in Europe in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish. When this will happen and what they will cost is not yet available. Acer's official site on its handhelds has not yet been updated with this information.
The s50 and s60 use 33 MHz Dragonball processors and Palm OS 4.1. They have 16 MB of RAM and 4 MB of flash ROM. Both models will have hi-res, 12-bit, TFT color screens and Memory Stick slots.
The main difference between these two is the s60 has built-in voice recorder and MP3 playback, while the s50 does not. The s60 also has an enhanced internal speaker, allowing audio to be played without headphones.
They run off removable, rechargeable Li-ion batteries. Acer says they get three weeks of use between recharges.
Both the S50 and s60 are 4.7 by 3.0 by .5 inches and weigh 5.5 ounces. The HotSync port is the same one used on the company's other Palm OS model.
Acer already offers the s10 in both Chinese and English versions. It has a monochrome screen and a built-in voice recorder.
Article Comments(80 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife