DataViz Acquires and Rebrands ThinkDB Products
DataViz announced today its purchase of ThinkDB, a relational database program, as well as other product assets from thinkingBytes Technology. Simultaneously, today DataViz is releasing ThinkDB under its own brand, SmartList To Go. The financial terms of the agreement are not being disclosed, as both companies are privately held.
DataViz has consolidated and branded ThinkDB's individual applications to create one streamlined product, SmartList To Go, which includes:
- Windows desktop application for creating and importing existing databases and spreadsheets
- Templates called SmartLists designed to instantly increase productivity
- A handheld application for creating, viewing and editing databases and SmartLists
- Conduit for two way synchronization with Microsoft(R) Access
"We are extremely excited about the new opportunities this will bring DataViz. SmartList To Go will complement our Office compatibility product offering, and give our customers the additional ability to take lists, forms and databases on the road," said Dick Fontana, President and CEO, DataViz, Inc.
"We are pleased DataViz will be adding SmartList To Go to their already strong product line of Palm OS products," said John Landry, Chairman and CTO, thinkingBytes Technology. "Our Palm OS product will be in good hands, as DataViz has a longstanding history of developing excellent software."
All Palm OS ThinkDB and TinyBytes customers are encouraged to contact DataViz if interested in adopting the DataViz branded product SmartList To Go. SmartList To Go is available immediately from dataviz, it sells for $49.95.
Article Comments(45 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf