Palm Releases Update for the Tungsten C
Palm has released an update for the Tungsten C handheld on its support website. The software update addresses issues involving a MAC address bug, clicking noises and various WiFi related compatibility issues.
The software update was recently released on the Palm Support site. It is meant for the Palm Tungsten C handheld only. The patch corrects a few issues that were brought up by readers in the PIC forums.
The update prevents possible deletion of MAC addresses while ensuring reliable network configurations using MAC address filtering. Other changes include:
- Web Browser caching and refresh updates.
- HotSpot compatibility updates to allow connectivity to the top HotSpot providers.
- VPN User Interface updates to ensure seamless connectivity while VPN is enabled.
- Versamail updates specific to Auto Get Mail and the included VPN client.
- Updates to reduce audio popping and clicking sounds emitted from the built in speaker.
This update is only required if you are running Tungsten C Software Version 50 4/01/03 23:5. Instructions to check your Tungsten C ROM Software version are available here.
Thanks to Ian Davenport and Albert C. Lee for the tip!
Article Comments(29 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.