Palm Releases T|W Bluetooth Card Drivers
Palm has released drivers for the Bluetooth SD card that enables the Tungsten W to use certain Bluetooth devices and services. The previous drivers were not compatible with the Tungsten W.
The new Palm Bluetooth SD card drivers are only for the Tungsten W handheld. They enable the T|W to connect with a number of Bluetooth products including Bluetooth access points and other other Bluetooth handhelds and products.
The software is available now as free download from Palm Support.
Palm originally released the Bluetooth SD card in June of 2001. The card, jointly developed by Palm and Toshiba, sells for $129 from the Palm Store. Toshiba announced a new smaller version of the card last fall that has yet to go on sale.
Even with the new drives, Palm's Phone Link application software is not compatible with Palm Bluetooth Card software for the Tungsten W. Palm has still not released drivers that are compatible with Palm OS 5 devices, such as the Tungsten C and Zire 71.
Article Comments(19 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife