palmOne SDIO Digital Camera Delayed, Rebranded
palmOne has confirmed that it will no longer be offering the previously announced 1.3 Mega-pixel SDIO Digital Camera. Instead the camera will come a little later and be offered as a cross-platform version by its OEM producer. Read on for the full story.
The camera was originally announced in mid-September, to be available later in December. The camera plugs into a handhelds SDIO slot and has a 1.3 MP sensor that can take 24-bit color JPEG photos at up to 1280 x 1024 resolution. Other features include adjustable focus for close-up shots or landscapes, digital zoom for photos, a swivel lens for self-portraits or forward-facing photos, and a video capture function. It has a expected MSRP of $99 USD.
A representative from palmOne has confirmed that the camera will no longer be offered from palmOne. Instead the camera should be available in mid-January under the OEM Veo brand.
According to palmOne the reason for the switch is because Veo determined that they could better fulfill the development and support requirements needed to ship a multi-platform version of the camera card in a reasonable time-frame. In other words, the camera will presumably be released as a version compatible with handhelds from multiple PDA vendors, not just palmOne.
A version of the camera is already shipping for the other handheld platforms. More information about the Veo Photo Traveler 1305 and software is on the companies website.
Article Comments(30 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain