Palm Paying Developers to Bring Apps to webOS
TechCrunch has posted a brief video interview with the founders of CitySourced, a new mobile app. Halfway into the clip (also embedded after the break), TC's Sarah Lacy asks how much the company is being paid to bring their app "to Palm." After a bit of joking and dancing around the question, She eventually discovers that Palm is indeed paying developers to create webOS specific versions of their apps.
While licensing and bundled third party apps are common practices on mobile devices, specifically paying companies to create platform specific versions of a title is somewhat new ground. While this certainly shouldn't shatter anyones worldview, the author admits the figure was under the $500k range.
Article Comments(16 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith