Virtual Laser Keyboard Now Shipping
The iBiz Laser Projection keyboard accessory for handhelds is now in stock and shipping. The unit attaches to a PDA and projects a virtual keyboard onto a flat surface.
The Virtual Keyboard (VKB) utilizes laser and infrared technology and projects a full-size keyboard onto any flat surface. As you type on the laser projection, it analyzes what you're typing by the coordinates of that location.
The device weighs two ounces and is similar in size to a disposable cigarette lighter. It includes a self-contained, user-replaceable rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery, which provides the Virtual Keyboard with its own internal power supply, so it doesn't drain any battery power from the PDA. The battery lasts three to four hours between charges. The company says the VKB works best in well-lit offices, it is not ideal for use outdoors in sunlight.
The VKB is compatible with the Palm Universal connector handhelds including m130, m500 Series, i705, Zire 71, Tungsten series (excludes E). It also works with the Treo 600, Sony NR, NZ, NX, SJ, SL, T, TG, TJ Series and PCs and Laptops running windows. It costs $99.99 USD from thee iBiz website.
More in Keyboards.
Article Comments(44 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife