Doom Hacked Onto the Pre
It's been a busy last couple of days for Palm Pre hackers, who've been poring over the webOS ROM image and finding out what makes it tick - and how to make it tick different. The latest milestone: a port of classic PC first-person shooter Doom (or technically, PrBoom, an improved version based on the original source code).
Sure, we've been able to do this on our Palm OS devices for ages, but it's nice to see id's 1993 masterpiece continue to appear on new platforms. Credit is due to #webos-internals IRC denizen Sargun, who seems to have achieved this feat by installing Debian on the Pre. You can check out the videos after the jump.
Article Comments(6 comments)
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -heavyduty
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud