WebOS Doctor Tool Reveals Eos, Upcoming Features
Word that a Palm support application for restoring image files on the Palm Pre, called webOS Doctor, has been publicly released has sent the forum folks at PreCentral into overdrive as they comb the tool and code for hints to upcoming features and devices. Some interesting nuggets and hints of potential new features and devices have been spotted within the 200 MB ROM file.
Most notably, PreCentral reports that there are multiple references to a "pixie" device, which is widely thought to be the code name for the leaked Palm Eos smartphone. MSN and AOL icons have also been found within the webOS rom image. Speculation is rife that these could be included as potential forthcoming Synergy supported services.
Developer Mode Code
Another interesting discovery is a webOS developer mode. By entering a special code, the Konami Code no less, you can put the Pre (or presumably any webOS device) into a special developer services mode.
To enter this mode simply type in "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" at the launcher screen. The device will then alert you and ask if you would like to reset the device in order to enable "Developer Mode." Engadget has a video of this in action. At this time its not clear exactly what this entails.
Thanks to engadget for the tip.
Article Comments(24 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith