Rumor: Tungsten T4 Speculation
There are a number of rumor reports and early speculation on the next generation Tungsten T4 currently being discussed in the PIC forums. Deliberation is centering around a Cobalt powered Tungsten expected later this year in the fall.
According to the rumor discussions, the T4 may or may not include built in Wi-Fi. It is possible the handheld could include 2 SD expansion slots, with one dedicated for memory and another for using a expected palmOne branded Wi-Fi SDIO card. There are also reports that the handheld may be configured with dual Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless built in.
The unit will have the same slider design and large 320x480 screen as the T3. It may be one of the first devices to run Palm OS Cobalt. It will also include a higher capacity battery and will make use of the more advanced power management features found in the Intel PXA270 series processors for better battery life.
The rumors are leaning towards a fall release this year, possibly in late October. The price is expected to be in the same range as the T3, which debuted at $399.
Article Comments(62 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife