Atari Retro 2.0 Emulator Released
Atari Retro 2.0 is now available for download. The Emulator runs a collection of officially licensed Atari 2600 games for your handheld just as they would on an original atari 2600 system.
Atari Retro 2.0 is now available for download. The new revision specifically includes:
- full screen game emulation (no more boxed in window)
- new user interface/menu system
- migration to the new SHARK 1.1 development kit by Mobile Wizardry
The software collection contains a complete Atari 2600 emulation engine using original cartridge ROM images to give it that classic original feel, with game console quality. Titles include: Adventure, Asteroids, Breakout, Centipede, Missile Command, Pong and Yar's Revenge. The product is officially branded and licensed in collaboration with Atari.
Atari Retro was developed using the SHARK development kit - that has enabled the application to be recompiled in native format on multiple platforms utilizing a single, common source code base. Supported platforms include: PalmOS (ARM), Pocket PC (ARM/Xscale), Series 60 (Nokia, N-Gage). A Tapwave Zodiac optimized version also exists. Atari Retro won the Handango Champion Awards as the best Game Application in 2004.
Registration sells for $29.95 USD [BUY]. A time limited evaluation version provides the ability to play each game for a total of 15 seconds.
Article Comments(33 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf