Samsung Introduces 667MHz Mobile CPU
Samsung Electronics has announced a new mobile CPU with speeds of 667MHz. This mobile CPU is expected to enable diverse multimedia content in 3G mobile handheld devices such as smart phones and PDAs.
By introducing a structured custom design methodology at the integrated circuit design and evaluation process levels, Samsung was able to increase the speed of its mobile CPU. To further support seamless real time video images and high-density multimedia services, the mobile CPU carries up to 64Kilo Bytes of cache memory.
The new technology includes all the computing characteristics of current mobile CPUs with an embedded vector floating point co-processor enabling simultaneously computing of irregular decimal points along with fixed numbers. Design engineers implementing this technology will see enhanced graphics, 3D gaming and digital audio features.
Key Technology Features:
- Core: ARM1020E
- Core Clock: 667MHz @ 1.35V
- No. of Pipelines: 6
- Structured custom methodology for Multimedia
- Low Power : 0.8 mW MHz
Article Comments(36 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain