Palm Names Douglas Jeffries as CFO
Palm, Inc. today announced that Douglas C. Jeffries, previously chief accounting officer at eBay, will join Palm in January 2009 as the Company's new Chief Financial Officer. Andy Brown will transition out of the CFO role and stay with the company through January.
"I am delighted to welcome Doug Jeffries to the Palm team. His extensive financial, operational and strategic experience will contribute enormously to Palm's future success. I look forward to partnering with Doug as we lead Palm to new levels of achievement in the years ahead," said Ed Colligan, president and chief executive officer. "I also want to personally thank Andy for the way he has guided Palm's finance organization and all that he has accomplished over the past four years. Andy was instrumental in our recent recapitalization and has been a key part of Palm's transformation."
Brown stated, "My experience at Palm has been exciting and fulfilling, but the time is right for me to pursue other interests. Palm's finance organization is well-positioned to support the company's strategic and financial objectives, and I am leaving the many responsibilities of the CFO role in exceptionally capable hands."
Doug Jeffries will assume the role of Palm's senior vice president and chief financial officer effective January 7. In addition to his role as chief accounting officer at eBay, Jeffries has held financial and information technology leadership roles at GenCorp, Red Herring Communications and Cardinal Health. Jeffries began his career at Price Waterhouse, is a CPA and holds an MBA from the University of Southern California.
Jeffries stated, "It's a great pleasure to join the Palm team and I'm thrilled with the prospect of helping to lead the company forward. As we complete the company's transformation and establish Palm as a leading innovator in the smartphone industry, we will continue to focus aggressively on financial discipline and shareholder value."
Article Comments(11 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith