Microsoft Releases WM 6.1 Email Patch
Microsoft has just issued a patch for Windows Mobile 6.1 devices that aims to correct a serious email bug. It addresses a problem where email can be prevented from sending in the event the default outbound e-mail server is inaccessible. Windows Mobile 6.1 introduced a feature where a mobile operator can setup a default alternative smtp server for users to send email through. If this feature is not set on your device and your own server becomes inaccessible, you outgoing email will not be sent and your email account configuration could become corrupted.
Microsoft says with this fix, the feature is patched to ensure that Windows Mobile 6.1 takes appropriate action when it detects a blank value for the Alternate SMTP server. Full instructions and details can be found at Microsoft Support.
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain