Does Palm Need Android?
A newly posted editorial article has been published at Fortune entitled "Why Palm needs Android." The piece attempts to make the case that Palm would be better off going with Google's Android OS instead of forging ahead with its own longstanding Palm OS Nova plans. Mainly, the author feels that the "old reasons" for developing a mobile OS - "cool factor, pricing power and influence – don't carry the weight they used to" and that Palm is too small of a company to challenge its more powerful competitors.
It would certainly be an extremely risky strategy for Palm and would mark a complete turnaround from their own publicly stated plans. Personally I feel the argument here is a weak one, however the author does make one good point in the conclusion, "Palm needs bold moves, and it doesn't have much room for error."
Article Comments(58 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife