Verizon Phasing out the Treo 755p
Despite appearing at the tail end of 2007, over six months after the device's debut on the Sprint network, a Verizon spokesperson has confirmed to PalmInfocenter that they are "phasing out" the Treo 755p in favor of the newer Centro. The Treo 755p is becoming increasingly scarce at Verizon retail outlets, with many having already removed their display units. The price of a new 755p on Verizon's online store has also been drastically reduced (after rebate) to match the Centro's same $99 pricetag (with 2yr contract). However, checking stock online, both as a new activation customer and an existing customer up for renewal, indicates that Verizon's 755p remains out of stock and has been so for several weeks now.
Finally, Palm has traditionally issued some sort of ROM update for their devices before the gradual EOL process begins. It happened with the Treo 600, 650, 680, 700p and 700w, so the recent appearance of the Verizon 1.08 ROM update is another solid indication that the device has been updated to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
Verizon says they will continue to provide customer support for the Treo 755p. Current users will still be able to get help from technical support.
Verizon began offering the Palm Centro just last month. The Verizon Centro is available in "Cobalt Blue" for $99 with a two year service agreement and $70 mail-in rebate.
Article Comments(4 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife