Has the Sprint Treo 755p Been EOL'd?
Unconfirmed reports are circulating that Sprint will no longer be offering the Treo 755p smartphone. Recent forum posts indicate that Sprint reps are now informing customers that the Treo 755p has been end of life'd. The device is also no longer showing up on Sprint's website. PalmInfocenter has a question in to both Sprint and Palm, but has not heard back from either as of this morning.
A number of Sprint business customers have reported in the TreoCentral forums that their account managers are telling people that the 755p is no longer available and customers should opt for the Centro. However there is also unconfirmed conflicting information that only the Red and Blue colors have been discontinued on Sprint, to be replaced by a new 755p refresh in silver.
The Treo 755p debuted on Sprint in May 2007. The CDMA/EvDO powered device has 128 MB of RAM and a miniSD expansion slot. It also features the standard 320x320 display, full qwerty keyboard, Bluetooth and 1.3 megapixel camera.
Sprint's website is no longer listing the Treo 755p, yet much older devices such as the 700wx is still being offered. Palm's own online store continues to list the Sprint Treo 755p as available for $199 with a new contact.
Until we get an official reply, we'll have to chalk this one down as an unconfirmed rumor. We will file an update once we get a response. Update: The Sprint Treo 755p Has Not Been Discontinued.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith