New Yahoo Mail Push Email Client
Yahoo!, Sprint and SEVEN today released the first push email solution available for the consumer market. Both the palmOne Treo 600 and 650 support this new application.
Users can sign up for the service online or from their mobile phones. After downloading the Yahoo! Mail for Mobile client software over the air directly to their phone, consumers get up and running by entering their existing Yahoo! username, password and mobile phone number into their handset, no additional PC software is necessary. For individuals who use a yahoo email account for personal or business purposes, this mobile email solution requires no additional server side hardware or third party service subscription.
The service allows consumers to sign into and manage their Yahoo! Mail account from their phone, including, easy message management and access to their Yahoo! Address Book. The Yahoo! Mail client also gives customers storage for their e-mail on their handset, which means they can access their previously downloaded messages even when a data connection is not available. The service is $2.99 a month, and can be purchased directly from the handset and will be charged on their monthly wireless bill. An optional feature of the Yahoo! Mail client is instant notification of new messages - standard text messaging rates will apply.
Article Comments(48 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah