Palm Takes a Swipe at RIM in the NYTimes
Palm has taken out a full page ad in today's New York Times newspaper on page A21. The ads pokes a little fun at RIM over the recent widespread blackberry outage earlier this week. The ad features a Treo 750 and reads:
"includes voice, email, text, web, calendar and contacts.
And most importantly, uptime.
Palm Smartphones. They connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server. No third-party servers. No hassles. And more importantly, no nationwide blackouts."
Palm is keen to point out its Microsoft Exchange powered alternative for powering corporate email systems versus RIM's network operating center approach in light of the recent downtime. RIM has blamed a routine system upgrade for an outage that lasted over three hours and knocked out service for nearly all BlackBerry users in North America. It was the second major outage for the service in less than a year.
Thanks to Jason Langridge for the tip.
Article Comments(47 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf