palmOne Name Change Coming July 14th
palmOne will officially change its company name back to Palm on July 14th. the company announced today. palmOne recently acquired the rights to the brand name Palm from PalmSource in a $30 million dollar deal.
The company's Nasdaq ticker will change from PLMO to PALM. A new logo and design treatment will be unveiled later this summer.
"The letters P-A-L-M reflect a prized brand with significant customer awareness and earned loyalty," said Ed Colligan, palmOne president and chief executive officer. "Innovation, power, ease of use, and elegance all are attributes of the brand, and we intend to invest to turn what is a strong name today into a household word synonymous with leadership in mobile computing."
As part of the agreement, palmOne has granted PalmSource and its licensees a four-year transition period to move away from the Palm trademarks.
Article Comments(38 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf