Installing Opera Mini on the Palm OS
A blogger has posted a nice write up of how to get the new Opera Mini browser up and running on a Palm OS device. The new J2ME proxy based browser optimizes web pages for smaller screens.
Update: Opera Mini has been officially released for Palm OS.
Opera Mini allows users to access the Web on mobile phones that would normally be incapable of running a Web browser. This includes the vast majority of today's WAP-enabled phones. Instead of requiring the phone to process Web pages, it uses a remote server to pre-process the page before sending it to the phone.
Because it is a Java based application it requires the WebSphere Java Virtual Environment available from Palm. It currently supports both low and high resolution screens. The installation tutorial is available here.
Thanks to PalmAddicts for the tip.
Article Comments(19 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain