PalmSource Sale Won't Affect Licensees
A representative for ACCESS recently told News.com that the company's acquisition of PalmSource would not have an immediate impact on the Palm OS or any of the licensees. The company also says work will continue on Palm Linux and that Cobalt may still see a release.
The statement in the article reads:
"The existing deployments of Palm OS, including Palm OS Garnet, will continuously be supported," an Access representative said. "The purpose of the agreement is to maximize the synergy between the two companies. We really don't expect any changes in the relationships that we have with licensees."
The rep also goes on to say that ACCESS wants to finish creating the Linux Palm operating system, and may revisit Palm OS Cobalt.
Article Comments(121 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain