Windows Mobile 6 Update Released for the AT&T Treo 750
After a long wait, Palm has made a Windows Mobile 6 update available for the AT&T Treo 750 smartphone. Windows Mobile 6 brings increased functionality, enhanced user interface and strengthened security and performance to the Treo 750 as well as a new HSDPA capability, allowing for faster data-download and Internet access on the device.
The update is available today as a free download for existing Treo 750 smartphone customers.
"The enhanced security and productivity tools available in Windows Mobile 6 will allow people to be more productive with their Treo smartphones," said Tim McDonough, senior director of product management at Microsoft Corp. "The Windows Mobile 6 support of storage card data encryption, combined with the ability for IT departments to wipe data remotely if a device is lost, gives businesses the confidence to use Treos to accomplish critical business tasks."
- Microsoft Direct Push Technology connection to email, calendar, contacts and tasks
- Email enhancements such as HTML-formatted email messages
- Ability to set an out-of-office message from the Treo smartphone
- Mini-SD storage card encryption, password and PIN improvements, and remote data wipe
- Ability to search for email messages on the Exchange server
- Meeting request and scheduling conflict improvements;
- Improved Calendar with Day-at-a-Glance bar.
- Windows Vista compatibility
- Voice Command via Bluetooth wireless technology
- AT&T Cellular Video
- USB cable charging
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith