Palm to Replace Defective Treo 650 SIM Trays
Palm is now offering to replace defective SIM card trays on affected Cingular Treo 650 smartphones. There is an issue with some models that causes the phone to turn itself off spontaneously because of a loose SIM card.
The SIM tray is the removable plastic tray that holds the SIM card in place on GSM models. Certain Cingular models have had an issue with the trays becoming loose which causes the phone to turn off. Palm support has posted instructions to determine if your Treo needs a new tray.
If you determine that the old-style SIM tray is causing your smartphone's radio to turn off unexpectedly, you are urged to contact Palm's SIM tray hotline at 866-677-7256. Palm will mail you a new-style SIM tray to replace your old one.
Thanks to Engadget for the tip.
Article Comments(8 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf