PiTech Develops 3 MegaPixel Palm OS Smartphone
updated Portable Innovation Technology (PiTech) today announced a new Palm Powered smartphone. The PiTech i10 is the world's first Palm OS smartphone to include a three megapixel camera with auto focus and anti hand shaking features.
The Pitech I-10 is based on the smartphone platform developed by PiTech and built on the Palm OS Garnet operating system. It has a Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900mhz) radio with EDGE high speed data and is targeted at the consumer market. The device has a a 2.4-inch color QVGA (240x320 pixel) display and a mini SD expansion slot. It will also have Bluetooth 2.0 wireless.
The Pitech I-10 comes with rich multimedia features including a 3-megapixel camera with auto focus & anti hand shaking features, WAV/MP3/MIDI ring tone supportability, MP3 player and MEPG4 video capture and playback capabilities. In addition, the device is bundled with productivity applications such as Documents-to-Go and PalmSource Mail.
"We are very excited about the launch of the Pitech I-10 based on Palm OS," said Patrick Lin, executive director of Pitech. "We are thrilled to be working with PalmSource in launching the first Palm Powered smartphone with 3-megapixel camera. The Pitech I-10 is the ultimate Palm Powered smartphone thanks to its comprehensive camera features and robust multimedia capabilities."
The smartphone will be launched across multiple markets in Asia and Europe in Q2 2006.
Article Comments(88 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife