Palm Has No Plans to Support Symbian
In another recent interview Palm CEO Ed Colligan confirms that Palm has no plans to release a device based on the Symbian operating system.
"We could not afford to support three operating systems." But it seems it is not just about cost because Colligan also noted that, "Nokia owns Symbian," suggesting that he would not want to support an operating system owned by its close rival in the smartphone space, Nokia.
The decision to go with Windows Mobile was made partly because some of its carrier partners were looking for a Palm running Windows Mobile, and partly because some enterprises it wants to sell to have a "Microsoft only" attitude.
Article Comments(72 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf