Leonard Maltin's 2006 Movie Guide Now Available
LandWare announced today the immediate availability of Leonard Maltin's 2006 Movie Guide for Palm OS. The leading authority on American film is back with the latest edition of bestselling movie and video guide.
Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide includes extensive details for over 21,000 films, "top lists" as voted by over 100,000 regular film goers, complete tools for tracking the films you watch, rent, and own as well as an online calendar that keeps you abreast of DVD release dates, new releases in theatres, and film festivals. The application's rich feature set easily secures its title as the most comprehensive movie guide for handhelds and smartphones alike.
The critics also agree with Laptop Magazine awarding the application its prestigious Editor's Choice award and Palmtop User Magazine calling it "...an immensely impressive package at a remarkably good price, and gets our highest possible recommendation." Roger Ebert "recommends Leonard Maltin's Guide, which has become standard" and the New York Times considers it "Head and shoulders above the rest."
- Complete details and capsule reviews for over 21,000 films
- Free updates during the year that encapsulate new film releases
- More than 8,900 DVD, 7,000 Laserdisc and 15,000 Videocassette entries
- Ranked top lists of popular movies as voted by over 100,000 regular movie-goers
- Symbols detailing MPAA rating, widescreen formats, awards, etc.
- Filmographies for over 37,000 actors, actresses and directors
- Complete film library, rental and buying list management
- Online event calendar keeps you in touch with DVD releases, film premieres and festivals
- Movie reviews/details can now be updated wirelessly (requires Blazer 3.0+)
- Full support for removable expansion card media
- Sophisticated compression uses a third of the memory required by other guides
Leonard Maltin's 2006 Movie Guide for Pocket PC, Palm OS, and MS Smartphone is available now. The suggested retail price is $19.95. A CD-ROM will be available in December for $24.95. Registered owners of the 2005 Movie Guide can upgrade during the next 90 days for $8.00.