Linux Installed on a Treo 650
A few developers have been working on a project to get Linux to load on a Palm Treo 650. They have just announced they are able to get it to boot up the kernel to a command prompt. The project is still in the early stages as there is no working keyboard or phone driver yet.
The developer states that he has only been working on this for about a week. Linux starts up and loads to the point where it's ready to start loading initrd and then panics.
Thanks to Gaurav for the tip.
Article Comments(29 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W