Palm Taps Inventec to Manufacture Centro
Digitimes is citing a source in the Chinese-language newspaper Commercial Times that claims Palm has made a deal with Taiwan-based Inventec Appliances to produce the upcoming Palm Centro smartphone with volume shipments to begin soon.
The report goes on to state the Centro will feature a CDMA2000 1x EV-DO radio. Palm has previously confirmed that the Centro will debut on Sprint in the US sometime this fall. It sports a slimmer design and still retains the touch-screen and full keyboard. Prior rumor reports mention an October 14th release and a $99 price point for the new model.
The Digitimes report also claims that Palm has also subcontracted a separate new CDMA2000 smartphone to be launched in 2008 to Chi Mei Communication Systems (CMCS) on an ODM basis.
Article Comments(5 comments)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler