Palm Taps Inventec to Manufacture Centro
Digitimes is citing a source in the Chinese-language newspaper Commercial Times that claims Palm has made a deal with Taiwan-based Inventec Appliances to produce the upcoming Palm Centro smartphone with volume shipments to begin soon.
The report goes on to state the Centro will feature a CDMA2000 1x EV-DO radio. Palm has previously confirmed that the Centro will debut on Sprint in the US sometime this fall. It sports a slimmer design and still retains the touch-screen and full keyboard. Prior rumor reports mention an October 14th release and a $99 price point for the new model.
The Digitimes report also claims that Palm has also subcontracted a separate new CDMA2000 smartphone to be launched in 2008 to Chi Mei Communication Systems (CMCS) on an ODM basis.
Article Comments(5 comments)
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR
- RE: Still here?? -HyperScheduler
- Picking up a Pre 3 -Tuckermaclain