Palm Taps Inventec to Manufacture Centro
Digitimes is citing a source in the Chinese-language newspaper Commercial Times that claims Palm has made a deal with Taiwan-based Inventec Appliances to produce the upcoming Palm Centro smartphone with volume shipments to begin soon.
The report goes on to state the Centro will feature a CDMA2000 1x EV-DO radio. Palm has previously confirmed that the Centro will debut on Sprint in the US sometime this fall. It sports a slimmer design and still retains the touch-screen and full keyboard. Prior rumor reports mention an October 14th release and a $99 price point for the new model.
The Digitimes report also claims that Palm has also subcontracted a separate new CDMA2000 smartphone to be launched in 2008 to Chi Mei Communication Systems (CMCS) on an ODM basis.
Article Comments(5 comments)
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -PacManFoo
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -heavyduty
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR