Cracked Palm IIIc Cases
I've received a few accounts of quality issues with the Palm IIIc case. Read on for more details. If I get a significant response on this issue I will try to contact Palm for their position on this matter. -Ryan
Mark Ressa writes...
Seems there are a significant number of IIIc's developing cracked rear cases. Personally I've had one such case and it looks as if my second IIIc is developing cracks as well. Not sure what Palm's position is on this as I've read that several people have paid Palm $100 to repair. Clearly Palm should cover these repairs free of charge and should announce cognizance of the problem.
Martin Clemons also wrote in with comments on the IIIc case...
I have a rather interesting story.. I bought a PALM 3c in mid March, and by mid April I noticed 2 hairline cracks in the back case. I set my unit in for a replacement, and no, about 1.5 weeks after getting it, another crack is developing on the back case. You would think I was playing hockey with my palm unit or something! Well, I searched around and found that several other people have been having this problem as well, and I also have owned a regular palm III for almost 2 years -- with no problems.
Could this be a defect? I was thinking maybe you could do a survey on your site to see how many other people have had a problem.
Article Comments(71 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife